BIS 041C -  Introduction to Windows
| 3:30-5:30 Mondays and Wednesdays|
Lab time: Wednesdays, 5:30-6:00pm (for additional computer time)
- This course is designed for those new to computers, even
those that have not yet purchased a computer.
- The basics of computers (what
they are made of, why, how they work) is covered so that the student will
know what the computer is trying to do.
- Windows 95, as an Operating System
is studied so that the student can master the core functions necessary
for any application program.
- Branching out: Basics of networking and the Internet.
|Just enough curosity to sit down in front of a computer and just enough
interest to stay there for a while. The computer age may be a bit ahead of you, but
it has NOT passed you and left you behind.
- Exploring Windows 95 and Essential Computing Concepts
by Grauer and Barber
- two 3.5" disks (one for lab assignments, one for Final)